Question

Adding image slides to a current Google Slides presentation

• 20 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to create a new slide with an image in a currently open (and running) presentation? 

I’d like to trigger the action by adding new images to a Google Drive Folder, and add those images to the current presentation as slides.  Ideally this would happen as the presentation is running. 

Does that make sense? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yes, the idea makes sense. You want to dynamically add images as new slides to an ongoing Google Slides presentation by placing those images in a specific Google Drive folder.

Here's a general outline of how you might achieve this using Zapier: ( I have not tested this btw)

1. Google Drive Trigger:

• Set up a Zap in Zapier where the trigger is "New File in Folder" in Google Drive. Select the specific folder you'll add images to.
  2. Google Slides Action:

• Choose "Create Slide in Presentation" in Google Slides as the action.
    • For the Image, map the file from the Google Drive trigger.
    • You'll also need to specify the Google Slides presentation you want to add to. If you have a single presentation you're working with, you can select it manually. Otherwise, you may need additional logic or setup to determine the correct presentation dynamically.
  3. Set Up and Test:

• Add an image to your Google Drive folder and see if it triggers the Zap and adds a slide to your Google Slides presentation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TwoWheels 

Good question.

These are the available GSlides Zap app actions: https://zapier.com/apps/google-slides/integrations#triggers-and-actions

You would need to use the GSlides API to add a new slide, then insert the image: https://developers.google.com/slides/api/reference/rest

Thanks, @Troy Tessalone ,

I am not a coder, but I will give the GSlides API a looksee and see what I can make of it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TwoWheels 

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert.