Question

Adding Google Calendar attendees to Revue Newsletter

• 10 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m looking to have a system in which when a new Google Calendar event is created (that has attendees) it will automatically add those attendees to my newsletter.

Currently here is my workflow on Zapier

Trigger - Google Calendar

Type: New Event Matching Search

Search Term: “and” 

Action - Revue

Attendee Email Address → Email Address Field

Normally this would be effective except there is is one main problem: The “attendee email address” field includes MY OWN EMAIL TOO. For example:

Attendee Email: MYEMAIL@gmail.com, TARGETEMAIL@gmail.com,

Therefore, when it goes through zapier it mentions that the “subscriber already exists” which makes sense because my “MYEMAIL@gmail.com” is already included in my newsletter list.

The ideal situation would be that the Action would IGNORE existing emails that are already on my newsletter list and just input ones that AREN’T. Except the problem is that it goes through every email in the attendee list and if ONE of them is already on my newsletter subscribers it completely halts the entire zap.

Is there any solutions / work arounds o this problem - allowing zap to bypass existing email subs to focus on non-email subs to input them into the list?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @mattespoz 

You should be able to use formatter > text > replace function to cut out your email address from the email list. Use the formatter before the revue action. 

Thanks for your reply @robschmidt ! That works brilliantly IF there are only 2 emails at play. Yet if there are 3+ attendees it doesn’t function.

For Example:

Attendee A - Me (already sub to my newsletter)

=> Solution: your method

Attendee B - You (already sub to my newsletter)

=> This is where problem occurs

Attendee C - Bob (isn’t already sub to my newsletter)

With Zapier, it will halt the ENTIRE production, just because ONE person is already in my newsletter. Therefore, in the scenario above, Bob doesn’t get added to my newsletter as it says: “subscriber already exists” in reference to YOUR email.

Let me know if there is a fix this above! I’ve also sent you a private message, I’d be willing to pay you for your time to fix this issue :)