Question

Adding files From Asana to Google Drive

• 18 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Am trying to automate the process of saving design files (images, videos and PDFs)  complete and uploaded by the designer on Asana to our Google shared drive.

Each time I test the process a .txt file is uploaded instead of the intented files listed above.     

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @FelixKaboto 

Here are a few things I’d check:

• Is the mapped field from Asana an actual file or public URL? As it sounds like Google Drive isn’t able to read the file from Asana, which is why it’s defaulting to a .txt file. Read more in Send files in Zaps.
  • In your Google Drive Upload File step, has either of the fields for File Name and File Extension been filled out at all? If you have specified the File Extension, you'll need to do the same for File name

Try looking into these and see if you have better luck testing your Google Drive step again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FelixKaboto 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured for us to have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

I think my problem will be here as I can’t seem to select the correct file format to get uploaded to Gdrive after the trigger in Asana. 

Userlevel 1

Hey @FelixKaboto 

Here are a few things I’d check:

• Is the mapped field from Asana an actual file or public URL? As it sounds like Google Drive isn’t able to read the file from Asana, which is why it’s defaulting to a .txt file. Read more in Send files in Zaps.
  • In your Google Drive Upload File step, has either of the fields for File Name and File Extension been filled out at all? If you have specified the File Extension, you'll need to do the same for File name

Try looking into these and see if you have better luck testing your Google Drive step again!

Thansk @jessyvg. Let me try this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FelixKaboto 

You have a File Name mapped for the File field, which expects a file url or a file object.

Check out this help article for using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

The File Extension field can only be used if the File Name is used as indicated by the field description.

Also the File Extension expects 1 file extension not a comma separated list.