Question

Add Users to Basecamp 3 Project via Zapier

• 3 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I have created a zap to add our existing admin users to new projects. I have set it up to look for projects with an icon in them and then add our users.

The steps make sense and they passed each test. However, it is not working.

It may be a filtering thing but I would like another set of eyes on this to help me understand what I am missing.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! I’ve often been told that I have a set of eyes, so I’d be happy to help here.

Would it be possible to share a screenshot of your set-up?

If you’ve turned the zap on and you can see that it’s not working, have you also taken a look at the logs here: https://zapier.com/app/history

Andy!

Thanks for the reply. I am attaching screenshots (lots).

I am including:

• Task history screen captures showing the zap is running
  • The filter step set up
  • Each of the add users steps are identical in set up but different users
  • The task history shows that the users were added successfully but the screen capture of the Basecamp projects shows that no users were attached (I added myself so I could see the project).
  • I also captured the data sent to BaseCamp during the Test & Review process.

Let me know your thoughts.

This post has been modified by a moderator to remove personally identifiable information. Please remember to avoid posting personal information as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Griswold! Were you able to get to the bottom of this one? If you were able to figure out where the trouble was we’d love to know 🙂