Best answer

Add updated/tagged Outlook emails to Mailchimp

• 14 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I would like to create a zap that selectively allows me to add emails I receive in my Outlook to my Mailchimp. I’d also like to tag them a certain way, if possible. 

Example would be say I just received 10 emails. 7 of them I don’t want to do anything with. However, of the remaining 3 I would like to add the senders to my Mailchimp and maybe with different tags. 1 could be a client tag, another a friend tag and another a newsletter tag. 

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 February 2021, 19:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @broker78 

The Outlook/Office 365 Zap app triggers are limited for Emails to only be when an Email is received, not if an email is updated.

Gmail offers more triggers related to emails: https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 1

Does anyone else have a workaround for this? Unfortunately, we are on an Office365 setup at my company.

That Gmail option looks great with the category trigger, but sadly can’t use it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @broker78! Hmm, you could perhaps set up rules within Outlook that say when you add a certain tag, to forward that email to a specific email address. Then, in Zapier, you can set up a Zap for each type of tag using Email by Zapier. Each Zap will provide you with a custom email address you can use in your rule. So, the overall workflow looks like this:

1. An email comes into Outlook
  2. You tag the email and it triggers a rule within Outlook
  3. That rule forwards the email to a custom Zapier email address
  4. That triggers a Zap with a Mailchimp action, ensuring the contact from the tagged email is added to the list/group you specify. 

Hope that helps!