Best answer

Add subscribers to Mailchimp from Airtable, when column in Airtable contains multiple emails

• 16 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Someone told me I could use Zapier to automate this task. I attempted, but quickly got lost.

I have an Airtable tab that has one column for Event, another column for team names (separated by commas) and a third column for member emails (separated by commas).

I think I can figure it out if the record has only one name and email in it, but not sure how to navigate with multiple information. Can Zapier be configured to look in specific columns and create new lines for each email (separate them itself)? Will I need another Zapier to first convert AT to Sheets, then from Sheets to MailChimp?

Is this making sense?

For example:

[Airtable]

Column 1 (Event) = Wok this Way

Column 2 (Members) = John Doe, Jane Doe

Column 3 (Emails) = johndoe@gmail.com, jane.doe@forest.io

I want to be able to add/update two subscribers in Mailchimp:

Sub 1

johndoe@gmail.com John Doe [tag: Wok this Way]

Sub 2

jane.doe@forest.io Jane Doe [tag: Wok this Way]

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 6 September 2022, 21:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Pap1ll0n 

Good question.

Try using the Looping app to handle 1+ data values for a single field: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Pap1ll0n!

Were you able to take a look at the Looping by Zapier app? If so how did you get on? It can be a little tricky the first time you use it; it’s a very useful tool but it can take a bit of time to understand the logic behind how it works. If you’ve not found it yet, there is a help guide on Looping.

Let us know if you need any help!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Pap1ll0n 

Good question.

Try using the Looping app to handle 1+ data values for a single field: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Thank you! I will try this!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Pap1ll0n!

Were you able to take a look at the Looping by Zapier app? If so how did you get on? It can be a little tricky the first time you use it; it’s a very useful tool but it can take a bit of time to understand the logic behind how it works. If you’ve not found it yet, there is a help guide on Looping.

Let us know if you need any help!

Not yet.. I actually just saw these responses, but I am excited to try it. I’ll let you know in the best couple of days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! 👋🏽 Popping in to consolidate some of the resources offered by @Troy Tessalone and @Danvers into one reply. 🤗

Try using the Looping app to handle 1+ data values for a single field: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

[Looping] can be a little tricky the first time you use it; it’s a very useful tool but it can take a bit of time to understand the logic behind how it works. If you’ve not found it yet, there is a help guide on Looping.

I also wanted to share the Looping FAQ as well. It’s a Community Hub for all things Looping by Zapier. Check it out here:

I hope this helps! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks. So I couldn’t get very far. Super confusing! Also, trying to follow steps here and I couldn’t even get passed step 3 because nothing shows up in Events.

Also, if I go back and try to create from scratch, it won’t even let me choose this option (grayed out):

Not sure why I am not getting the drop down options for Event.

Userlevel 1

Wish you has a phone or chat option, it would solve this is less than 15min, versus back and forth posts and time delays 😫