Best answer

Add rows to TOP of Google Sheet

• 29 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Checking if this capability was recently added. as the last post on this topic was a year ago

Add a new row to top of Google Sheets instead of the bottom | Zapier Community

icon

Best answer by Danvers 29 September 2022, 15:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @cb2022, thanks for your question!

It’s not possible to add a row to the top of a sheet in Google Sheets using Zapier. 

We do have a feature request for this and I've added your vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. In the meantime, did either of the suggestions in the post that you linked to help? Thanks!

Userlevel 2

Thanks. No,the suggestions in the other post wont work for me

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @cb2022 

Although its not possible to add the row to the top but you can actually do that if you add a Created Date / Time field which you send from Zapier and set the view to be sorted in Google Sheets using this field 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great suggestion/workaround, @MohSwellam!

Userlevel 2

Thank you! I actually have an entry date already from Gravity Forms and it works! Now Im trying to get it to auto sort so that team members will find the new entries automatically at the top when they open the sheet.

I used this script from https://gist.github.com/mikebranski/285b60aa5ec3da8638e5?permalink_comment_id=4053245#gistcomment-4053245.

The script worked like a charm on a sample sheet but I’m getting an error on my live sheet

Error:Merges must be entirely within the sort range.

I don't have any merged cells so no idea what this is about. Will have to work on it some more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @cb2022 

Glad it worked as expected :) ! 

Using google search I can see there are multiple ways to do such auto sorting (including the SORT function) https://sheetsformarketers.com/how-to-auto-sort-in-google-sheets/

Would appreciate if you mark the reply as answer so others can use it in the future