Question

Add new submissions in Jotform as new rows in Excel not working

• 9 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello all,

I am new to Zapier.

I have set up a single Zap to add new submissions in a Jotform application form as new rows in an Excel sheet on Sharepoint. When testing the Zap, it works fine and adds sample texts in a new row as expected. However, when I actually go in an make a submission to that Jotform, nothing happens. My Zap history says there are no Zaps/never has been any Zaps.

Please help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Mannkal Foundation - depending on your Zapier plan, there could be a delay for your Zap to trigger. See screenshot. How soon after submitting the Jotform did you check the task history?

Hi @Nate,

I understand there is a 15 min delay (I am just on the free plan). However, I tested it extensively two days ago and still nothing - it doesn’t seem to register actual submissions, only the test sample run it itself makes.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Mannkal Foundation,

Can you try using a webhook as the trigger and see if it helps? See video here

Hi @Nate ,

Thank you - 2 things:

1. I tried using the Webhook trigger and it says it works and is listed in Zap runs. However, there is actually nothing entered in the Excel sheet. It was supposed to add the new submission I made to row 15 (correct, because I already have 14 rows filled out), but there is nothing in row 15.

1. I also tried to set up the original Jotform-Excel Zap through the Jotform integrations page, as I notice it didn’t have the green tick even though I have set it up: 

Setting it up through that finally gave me an actual error message on the Zapier History page:

The error is listed as: 

Are you able to help with both? I’d prefer to use the submissions trigger to avoid paying $20/month.

Thank you kindly!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Mannkal Foundation - Glad that you got the Jotform trigger to work! Now let’s try and solve the action step. Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of the excel step setup? 

Hi @Nate,

Apologies for the late reply, it was actually working for a while without me doing anything further to it. Then today I got another error message:

How weird, because nothing has changed.

To answer your question, here is the Excel set up:

As you can see, the test works fine! It just seems like sometimes it can’t reach the Excel document?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Mannkal Foundation, I’m glad it’s working fine! Would you be able to include a screenshot of the error message? 

@Nate 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Mannkal Foundation,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot! It looks like this might be caused by a temporary issue in connecting to Microsoft’s servers. Could you try replaying an errored run of the Zap to see if it’s able to go through successfully now?

You can find out how to replay runs here: Replay failed Zap runs

If that doesn’t work I’d recommend getting in touch with our Support team so that they can take a closer look into the logs for the Zap. The best way to do that is with the Get Help form.