Best answer

Add multiple products with Create Order in Shopify action

• 9 June 2021
  • 9 replies

I need to add multiple products to a new Shopify order. I have a funnel (Convertri) that sends through the main lander checkout and upsell page one-click upsell as different purchase events which means we need to group and delete orders before sending to our shipping provider.

When the upsell is successful I want to send through a single order for the customer on Shopify. Looking at the action it seems like what line item support means is that you can fill in the line items for one product. How do I create a group of line items for each of the products I’m sending through in the order?

icon

Best answer by SamB 11 August 2021, 10:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi there @Healthybud!

Thanks for the question, could you clarify how/where you are grouping/deleting orders before you want to add them as a single order for the customer in Shopify?

That will help us point you in the right direction for a trigger for this workflow. 

I am not quite sure if the action you want will be possible, since the Create Order action for Shopify allows you to select or map one product/product variant combination usually.

There is a recent similar thread here with some good suggestions to try: 

If that doesn’t help your needs, it may be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help - that way they can look at your exact use case with you in your account.

I’m looking to do this as well. As it stands right now, the setup within zapier references “Line Items” when you choose to “Create Order in Shopify”. When it lists said fields below, it’s no longer plural (Line ItemS) but singular (Line Item). At this point, you’re actually able to comma separate the items and it’ll pull up however many items you add so as long as they’re individually separated by comma. That said, it doesn’t work. It pulls up blank products.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Hazer!

If you’re referring to the text that appears in the mapped field “pill”, it’s entirely possible that it’s named as singular. If you check the data coming from your trigger, does it look like this:

Where there are multiple items underneath a word like “Lines” above, then numbers indented with fields within each? If so, those are line items and you can map them into a section like Shopify’s Line Items area.

BUT, you can only use values that Shopify will understand. So when you click on the dropdown, you see the values that are expected:

You can’t use the Custom option then map whatever you’d like. Shopify won’t be able to process it. If you’re not getting data in the format that you need, you can use a Lookup Table (in the Formatter by Zapier app) to process all of the items into their corresponding IDs:

You can see above that I have line items, then when I pass the data into the Lookup Table, it outputs the number that I specified. You’ll likely have to do something similar with Shopify Products.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as noticed @Healthybud reached out to our Support team and they were able to get this solved. Sharing the solution here in case it’s helpful to others too:

To take the data you've received and turn it into line items for Shopify, you'll want to use a Formatter "Line Itemizer" action:

https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-line-items-in-zaps

That lets you define values like "product ID", "variant ID", "product quantity", and so on, and manually create arrays for each by entering comma-separated lists. For example, if you always have two products that each have a quantity of one, you could create a "product quantity" field and manually type in "1,1".

Then, you can map the outputs from that action to Shopify, and it will add each "line" as a new product to the order. 

Following up on this because I am having an identical problem. Can you provide any more detail about how exactly you map the outputs from the Line Itemizer to Shopify? It appears Shopify only reconizes one line item. 

I’ve tried using the unique Shopify product numbers in the line item section but they arn’t reconized. 

Were you able to make this work?

I am using SamCart

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Max1000, welcome to the Community!

It should be possible to map the line item fields from the Line Itemizer step as you would with other fields. You can find out more about using line items in Zaps here: Use line items in Zaps

When you say it’s only recognising one line item do you mean that the Line Itemizer is only creating a single line item? Or are there specific values in the other line items that it doesn’t recognise which is causing an error?

Can you share a screenshot of the set up of that Line Itemizer step and any errors you might be running into so we can better identify what might be causing an issue here? Please make sure to obfuscate any personal/private information from the screenshot before posting, thanks! :)

Yes the problem is that Shopify is not recognizing more than one product from the Zap.

I am using the unique Shopify product ID # and Varient ID # in every combination I can try.

It will pass an order along to shopify, but only one product will be linked to an actual product in Shopify.

The other will have no link to an actual product.

In the screenshot below, there is a space for product and a space below it for Variant. Entering more than one Variant does not link to the actual variant in Shopify.  

Actually I did just get it to work!

It appears I wasn’t using the Line Itemizer properly for both the product ID and Varient ID. I was rather entering them manually which I assumed was still a comma separated value so it should have worked. But it appears if I use the product ID and Variant ID and pass them through the Line Itemizer then it works!

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Awesome news! Thanks for the update and sharing how you were able to get this working! 🎉