Best answer

Add day after formatting date

• 26 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to add 10 days to a date after using the date formatter.  It is not adding the days.  If I use the original column +7d without the date formatter, it works.  The 7 Day Follow Up works.  The 10 Day Follow Up does not work.

Using Date Formatter Column to add 10 days

Date Formatter:

Date Formatter

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 26 January 2021, 14:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @thehousemanager 

I believe that is because once you use the formatter, it’s no longer a date type but a string type and Google Sheets is having a hard time interpreting what you are inputting. If the end goal is to have the text displayed on Google Sheets as mm-dd-yyyy then one thing you could try is putting the formatted created date in and then adding 1 more step to update the newly created row. your first google sheets action would look like this where you are just passing the formatted created date. Your next sheets action would recognize the row that was just created and use the date created column to add 7 or 10 days.

By doing it in 2 steps, Google can more easily interpret the format you are trying to adopt. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thehousemanager 

The Formatter should work to +/- days, but you need to specify a From Format that matches the Input format of the datetime value.