Best answer

Add date to email attachement (Outlook & OneDrive)

• 24 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello zap community,

I’m an zapier beginner and I need some help. :) 

I want that when an email with an invoice attached is sent to our invoice mailbox, this invoice is automatically uploaded to our OneDrive. Additionally, I want the file name to be date+filename. (Example: 20210621_filename)

This is my Zap now: 

1. Trigger: New Email in Microsoft Outlook
  2. Action: Only continue if Email has an attachement
  3. Formatter Date/Time: Here I change the time format from 

TO THIS ONE

4. ??? → I quess in this stepp I have to add the date to the file name, but I don’t know how. 
  5. Action: Upload file in OneDrive

I hope someone of you can help me. :smile:

Best regards

Sophie

icon

Best answer by MichelleS 25 June 2021, 14:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey, Sophie! You’re headed in the right direction!

The File field is where you’ll add the attachment from your email. The File Name field is where you can add the name. 

When you click on a field, a dropdown menu appears with field/values from previous steps. So, you can click on the Formatter date field you want to use, type in an underscore, then click on the attachment file name field.

Here’s a generic example:

Hello Michelle,

thank you for your reply. Can you tell me where in my zap I can find the File Field? 

1. Trigger: New Email in Microsoft Outlook
  2. Action: Only continue if Email has an attachement
  3. Formatter Date/Time: Here I change the time format from 

TO THIS ONE

4. ??? → I quess in this stepp I have to add the date to the file name, but I don’t know how. 
  5. Action: Upload file in OneDrive

Best regards

Sophie

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey, Sophie! I can’t see what fields your trigger step returns but here’s a guide on using files in Zaps that explains more: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Hello Michelle,

thank you for your help. I found a solution. :)