Best answer

"Add Contact to Deal" function is deprecated. How do I add a Contact to a Deal in Hubspot now?

• 8 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

The Zap I have that adds new Contacts to Deals in Hubspot seems to have broken. It now has "Deprecated" in the title: "4. Add Contact to Deal Deprecated in HubSpot"

I'm trying to find the correct alternative. "Update Deal" seems like the best option. When I go to add a contact to the deal, I can't find a property that will work. I tried connecting Contact to Deal based on "Email" but got a long string error. I cannot find the Hubspot "Contact ID" property that I assume the function wants.

"Update Deal" doesn't seem to have the same "Contact Identifier Source" option that there was in the deprecated "Add Contact to Deal" function.

How can I connect a contact to a deal now?

icon

Best answer by ponvaskon 8 July 2020, 19:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

You can add the "Find Contact in HubSpot" step: find it by the email, get the contact's ID and use it in the "Update Deal" step.

Best Regards,
Vasyl

Userlevel 1

There is no field in Create Deal or Update deal where you can add the contact’s HubSpot ID to the deal.  It is in the deprecated create and update deals as Contact, but it is gone in the new versions.  Any idea how long the deprecated versions are going to work because this makes Zapier useless to me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @wstewart!  With any deprecated app integration, it’s tricky to say how long it will continue to work as it depends on whether the app’s API (the code that allows the app to talk to other apps) changes, how much it changes and which parts of it change. 

I’d recommend that you get in touch with the Support Team to explain what you need the new HubSpot app to do as they’ll be able to dig into your apps with you and either suggest a workaround or log a feature request for you. The best way to get in touch with the Support Team is through the Get Help form

Userlevel 1

I contacted support, their answer could not have been more worthless.  I found the solution on my own,  You have to use the new Create Association app which of course burns another task for every deal added.