Best answer

Add a tracking category to new xero invoice

• 6 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,

We get new invoices coming in from gettimely to Xero via gettimely’s Xero integration. The problem is that the integration between gettimely and Xero does not have the ability to populate tracking categories set up in Xero.

We have a tracking category in Xero called “locations”. The location is populated by Timely, but in the description field. I can create a filter that looks at the description field of the item and extracts the location.

What I’m wondering is if there is a way to update an existing line item in a Xero invoice to add the location in the location tracking category. I don’t see an ‘action’ option in Zapier to update an existing invoice.

Thank you,

Narcois

icon

Best answer by Danvers 11 April 2022, 15:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @narcois!

Unfortunately, you’re right and it’s not currently possible to update an invoice in Xero using Zapier. We do have a feature request for that action and I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality.