Question

Add a text message as Todoist task

• 15 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I would like to know if there is a way to send text messages that can be added as Todoist task (i.e., when I send a text message to a certain number, I want the message to be created as a Todoist task)

One way I thought of doing this is by sending an SMS text to the phone number of SMS by Zapier and then that text can be added as a task on my Todoist account. I am not sure if this is possible, though, and if it is, I am not sure how to do it. 

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Archie1!

It’s not possible to use the SMS by Zapier app to do this as it can only send texts, not receive them. There are a lot of other apps that can receive text messages that integrate with Zapier, this page shows the most popular SMS and phone apps on Zapier, you could have a look there to see if any will do what you need: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/phone

If you’re open to other ways of doing this, you could use email to create a task in Clickup with Email Parser by Zapier. 

I hope that helps, let me know what you think!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Archie1 

A bit advanced of an advanced solution but free... it utilizes a combination of SMS and Emais.

You can set up a Google Voice account: https://voice.google.com/ and make sure that when you receive an SMS to your account you also get an email notification. 

You could then set up a New Email Matching Search in Gmail trigger. This is a bit slow to trigger though as this would check for new emails so could be between 2-15 minutes depending on your Zapier plan. 
A work around to trigger immediately would be to set up a Gmail forwarding rule for these email notifications to send to Zapier Email Parser.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Archie1 hope you’re having a great day! Just wanted to stop by and see if you had any questions on the great options Danvers and GetUWired provided above? Let us know, we’d love to help 😃