Best answer

Acuity info Zap to newly created file and folder within Egnyte

• 21 July 2020
  • 3 replies

When a new appointment gets scheduled by a client in my Acuity (calendar app) account, I want to have that apointment info saved automatically in a new .RTFD file within an automatically created new folder within my Egnyte account.  The newly created folder and RTFD file should both be named with the client’s name.  I tried to set this up but i don’t think Zaps can create new files.  Is this true?

Thanks!  

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 27 July 2020, 21:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @gilbent - Thanks for the question! I’m afraid that Egnyte does not have the option to Create New Files as an Action yet. 

I have put in a feature request for this on your behalf. That does a few things:

- Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
- Help track interest in this feature being implemented
- Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Thanks @stph!  Are there any work arounds in the interim that you would suggest that would accomplish the same outcome but maybe with another app in between Acuity and Egnyte?  Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @gilbent!

We asked around and one of our other moderators (@ikbelkirasan) had this to say:

Hmm, I haven't used it before but it seems to integrate with Google Drive. However, this integration is only available to users who have activated it previously. So, maybe the only way to create folders/files in Egnyte is to build a custom integration.

Google Drive - Egnyte legacy integration: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201638914-Using-Egnyte-s-Google-Drive-Integration-Legacy-Edition-

Egnyte API docs: https://developers.egnyte.com/docs/File_System_Management_API_Documentation

Hopefully that helps!