Best answer

ActiveCampaign: Trigger when DEAL stage is changed only only

• 11 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to set up a simple ActiveCampaign trigger which fires when a deal moves to a specific deal stage.

Besides all my efforts to isolate the trigger to just fire on “Deal Stage”, it fires multiple times when a deal is moved.

Trigger: “New Deal Added or Updated in ActiveCampaign”

I use a few filters to specify deal stage, pipeline & type (deal_update only, no new deals). 

I also added a Zapier action right after which updates a picklist value on the deal (“Contract Status”), so that I only trigger once. 

Filters: 

When moving a deal, the trigger fires twice still. I see in the Zap History that it first fires based on this update first: 

And only after this it fires again based on the deal stage: 

Unfortunately I cannot access “deal_updated_fields_0” inside the Zapier editor (which would essentially solve the issue by allowing me to set a filter). 

Does anyone have a solution to what seems like a pretty basic use case?

icon

Best answer by Niklas Bö 22 October 2022, 21:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Niklas Bö 

Good question.

Use an ActiveCampaign Automation configured to match the desired conditions and trigger a Zap webhook.

https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000161204-How-can-I-send-a-webhook-in-an-automation-

https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Troy Tessalone

Tried this path, but the only webhooks available in ActiveCampaign workflows are contact-related. 
It’ll just send information on contacts related to the given deal, but not a deal ID or name 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Niklas Bö 

The ActiveCampaign Automation has this trigger…

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone The trigger works as expected, but the issue is sending a webhook to Zapier. The standard webhook configuration available in ActiveCampaign’s automation builder does not contain any deal information, just contact information. 

This is what a the webhook contains: 

… no deal identifier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Niklas Bö 

Since you see this in the zap run then it is definitely in the editor, it might just have a different name. What I do in such cases (and they are A LOT) I search instead for the response instead of the field name (i.e.: I would search for the word “stage” or “nextdate” in the trigger results)

Userlevel 1
Badge

@MohSwellam Thanks for the hint! I’ve tried that before, unfortunately the fields are not included in the editor. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Niklas Bö 

Try appending message variables for the deal name and deal ID to the input webhook.

https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001124804-How-to-use-Message-Variables-in-ActiveCampaign#how-to-create-a-message-variable-0-2

Userlevel 1
Badge

SOLVED: 

Using ActiveCampaign’s native webhook “Deal updated” (Not as part of ActiveCampaign Automations, but just a standard webhook). 

The webhook returns the array of “deal_updated_field”’s, which can be used to build the correct filter condition (deal_updated_field(0) exactly matches “stage”)