Best answer

ActiveCampaign Double Opt-In

• 18 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, is there a possibility to trigger a form in ActiveCampaign to get a contact into a double optin workflow of that form? I can send contacts to AC and they subcribe immediately to a specific list. So I use automations to imitate a double optin process. But now I heard that Integromat has this function to send contact to a AC form. Maybe there’s a possibility in Zapier as well!? :thinking:

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 18 February 2022, 14:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sandra Hoffmann 

I believe active campaign has a double opt in process on their forms. https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000839230-How-to-enable-double-opt-in-for-your-ActiveCampaign-form 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, they have of course. I want to know if there is a way to send contacts to a form (and autofill and therefore trigger the the doi process within the form) via Zapier. At the moment I send contacts (from Google Forms for example) to an automation because I don't know if there is a way to send them to a form.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You can auto fill Active Campaign forms using query params

So if i have Full Name and Email on my form and want to send someone to the form via a link i can add 
?fullname={{INSERT_NAME}}&email={{INSERT_EMAIL}} to the end of the form link (where {{...}} denotes variables from Zapier)

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can auto fill Active Campaign forms using query params

So if i have Full Name and Email on my form and want to send someone to the form via a link i can add 
?fullname={{INSERT_NAME}}&email={{INSERT_EMAIL}} to the end of the form link (where {{...}} denotes variables from Zapier)

That sounds great! I just don't know yet which action to use in Zapier. 🤔 Send Data via Webhooks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you describe the flow more? What is the trigger? 

If the user has already filled out 1 form which triggers Zapier, i would just use the Create/Update Contact action and apply a tag to the contact to kick off an automation to simulate a double opt in. 

The Active Campaign URL Params are nifty if you have some information but need to direct users to your AC form to collect additional information. I am not sure if you can post data to the form through a webhook. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can you describe the flow more? What is the trigger? 

If the user has already filled out 1 form which triggers Zapier, i would just use the Create/Update Contact action and apply a tag to the contact to kick off an automation to simulate a double opt in. 

The Active Campaign URL Params are nifty if you have some information but need to direct users to your AC form to collect additional information. I am not sure if you can post data to the form through a webhook. 

From Google Forms to AC. New Contact.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sandra Hoffmann 

If AC has Forms with a double opt-in setting, then why not use those instead of GForms?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Sandra Hoffmann 

If AC has Forms with a double opt-in setting, then why not use those instead of GForms?

That's what I usually do. But sometimes the contacts come from other sources like surveys with GForms, ManyChat or Elopage.

Obviously there is a way in Integromat so there should be one in Zapier too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sandra Hoffmann 

Can you link to the documentation you are referencing for Integromat?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Okay, now I can send data to a form directly (https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020748159-How-to-pre-fill-fields-on-your-ActiveCampaign-form#how-to-pre-fill-fields-on-your-activecampaign-form-0-0) but I can’t automatically submit.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to do is with Integromat. I was just told that it is possible.