Best answer

Accounts Payable QB and QB Bills

• 12 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to create a task flow…. I want to create a vendor bill (payable) in QB online from a vendor who sends me a bill to be paid.  I thought I might create a parent account (ABC Compnay) in Dropbox, and sub folders (one for each vendor) in DropBox. 

To accomplish this, a vendor (sub-contractor,in this case) sends a bill to a Dropbox (sub folder under ABC Company) that has been established for him.  When the bill arrives in his folder, I get an email from Dropbox (or from Zap?), and a bill is auto entered into Quickbooks (ABC Company’s online account) under the vendor (account based) or (item based) (not sure the difference here).  I then can log into QB and code the bill...to a job and to a correct expense account classification. 

Is this possible? there another way?   

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 20 October 2020, 20:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @blackholevrg ,

Thanks for reaching out! If I am understanding your flow correctly, you could use one of the highlighted Dropbox Triggers here and then a QBO Action to Create a Bill.

To get started, you can visit the Dropbox + QBO integration page!

Userlevel 1

Liz...Thanks…. I’ll check it out.  I am newe to Zapier and Zaps and looking to use it in conjunction with QB.  Thanks again. RustyG 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @blackholevrg 

Hopefully, you were able to get this sorted, but just let us know if not.