Best answer

Accessing Google Doc Templates on Team Drive

• 28 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I know this issue has been brought up in a few other discussions from a year ago and I’m wanting to see if any updates have been made on this front. Our Team Drive has created lots of templates to use specifically for Zapier but it turns out we have to create copies in my personal drive to access. Using the ID in a find doc action doesn’t seem to bring up anything.

Is there an ETA for accessing team drive templates? This seems like a perfect use for this platform. Anyone else create useful workarounds in the meantime instead of downloading each template in your personal drive?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by christina.d 3 May 2022, 04:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SeanOBCA 

Unfortunately Zapier doesn’t provide ETAs/timelines for feature requests until those are released.

Best to submit a ticket via Zapier Support for your vote to be logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @SeanOBCA! Thanks for reaching out.

This may have been the topic you were referencing but I wanted to link it here in case it’s useful to anyone following along:

The TLDR is the “Find Document” action in Google Docs doesn’t currently support Team Drive access. My friends in support did add you to this feature request so we’ll definitely keep you in the loop if and when this is available. 

In the interest of streamlining info we’ll be closing this topic for comments but definitely feel free to subscribe to the above mentioned topic as well! We’ll be sure to post there with any updates as they’re available.

Thanks again for flagging this and welcome to the Community! 🎉