Best answer

Abandoned Cart in Teachable

Userlevel 1

I started a zap with Abandoned Cart in Teachable to communicate to ActiveCampaign. The data test was successful and I saw the demo data sent in Active Campaign. However, when i try in the real Teachable platform to simulate an abandoned cart (i add a course and in the checkout page i introduced an email already in AC) zap doesn’t trigger and ActiveCampaign doesn’t receive data either. What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 3 May 2023, 22:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hmmm @BeaBa can you please provide some screenshots of your Zap set up so we can take a closer look? Are you seeing any information in your Zap run history? If yes, please screenshot that as well. Of course, be sure to omit any sensitive or identifying information. 

Looking forward to hearing back! 

Userlevel 1

Hi! I don’t know if these screenshots will be enough:

But in zap data only retrieve example data like "johndoe@example.com" for test. I'm trying to recreate an abandoned cart in teachable with my user, but I haven't seen any zap running. What type of behavior must a user have to be considered an abandoned cart? As far as I know, if I am a registered user and add an item to cart, it will activate after a specific time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi, @BeaBa! 👋 Thanks for sharing those helpful screenshots here!

Did you check the opt-in email checkbox when creating that abandoned cart test?

Asking as according to the details on Teachable’s website the Abandoned Cart webhook (which would trigger the Zap) would only be sent if the “user adds their email and checks the opt-in email checkbox at checkout”. See March 16, 2023 - Added New Abandoned Cart Webhook Event for more details.

So if that opt-in checkbox was selected then that may be why the Zap didn’t trigger here. If that’s the case, can you give it another try and check that opt-in checkbox to see if that then triggers the Zap?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing how that goes!  

Userlevel 1

I tried with a logged email and with a new one, both with the checkbox marked and i’m not seeing any zap trigged. I copy screenshots:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @BeaBa,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Hey there! Thank you so much for sending over those extra screenshots. After taking a look at the documentation that SamB provided, it appears that the Zap should have triggered based on your screenshot.

To test, could you please do try these for me?

1. Turn off the Zap.
  2. Reconnect your Teachable account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/teachable
  3. Publish the Zap.
  4. Trigger the Zap again.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

It's not working. I tried with other triggers like completed lecture or new enrollment and they are working fine. When I'm setting the abandoned cart zap, in the trigger configuration, I tried to load more data to test, but it shows "We couldn't find any more carts. Create a new cart in your account and try again.” and only returns the demo data “johndoe@example.com”. It seems to me like teachable it's not sending this data or zapier it's not receiving it because I'm reproducing with several emails an abandoned cart in teachable and neither are working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @BeaBa,

After doing some intensive digging into this, it seems like the issue you’re running into was a bug with the “Abandoned Cart” trigger, but it was just resolved 49 minutes ago by the Teachable engineers. They said that they had just published a new version that fixed the issue.

You should now be able to load in a new sample data from the trigger.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much!!! I appreciate your efforts to find and fix the problem. Today I will run some more tests and will inform you :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @BeaBa,

You are most welcome!

Please feel free to run some more tests and let me know if you encounter any other issues or if everything seems to be working smoothly now.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance or if you have any other questions. Have a great day! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi! It seems it’s working now correctly :) Thanks for all your efforts!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great news @BeaBa! Thanks so much for hopping back in here to confirm that it’s definitely working. We really appreciate it! 😁 

Happy Zapping! ⚡