Skip to main content

A workaround for the lack of a non-branching (in-line) if statement

• 6 December 2023
  • 1 reply

So I started to write this post as another request for an inline if statement, like these two: 

Any probably many more, but as I was, I had an idea about the branches, and what happens when more than one filter is met, ie more than one branch evaluates to true.  I had always presumed that it would only do the first one, but in fact that is not the case, it runs both.  

In the above I had the same check, my name, but any 2 true statements would work.  And in the Slack message I had 2 different messages, and I received both upon triggering this.  

This way you can just do a branch, with the condition you want to check, run the conditional statement, and then as long as the other path condition is also true, they should both run.  

Hope that helps someone. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you for providing this workaround @will-talkatoo! This will be helpful to our other awesome Community members.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗