Best answer

A business validation error has occurred while processing your request

• 20 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

I am trying to setup a 3 step zap to automate the sending process of invoices based on information that entered in a DocuSign envelope.

During the last step of my zap, I get an error that says “A business validation error has occurred while processing your request”

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I’ve attached a screenshot of my Zap.

I have selected the Customer ID, which is identified in step 2 “Find or Create a customer” but it seems that I’m missing something.

Any tip would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

icon

Best answer by Seun Debiyi 20 July 2020, 11:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @Sofian Saoudi , I’ve ran into this before. Sometimes a more detailed message doesn’t get surfaced along with the business validation error. When I last ran into this I had to double check that the tax rate was correct. I would also ensure you are using the latest version of the quickbooks api. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Sofian Saoudi 

It’s also worth getting Zapier support to take a look - they have access to detailed logs that users don’t, and could be able to pinpoint which field is causing issues.

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sofian Saoudi! I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble with the QuickBooks step of your Zap. 

@Seun Debiyi has a great suggestion here - try double checking the tax rate. 

Just in case that doesn’t help, I’m going to pass your question on to the Support Team who can take a closer look at this with you. Someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu  @Seun Debiyi and @Danvers, the tax rate was the issue 🙂 You’ve helped a lot!