Best answer

365 permissions error trying to connect and User Consent settings are correct

  • 1 April 2021
  • 7 replies
  • 1144 views

In the past I had no issue connecting my 365 acct and using it in Zaps.  That connection was deprecated and now when I try to connect I get a permissions error.  After reviewing the help documentation, I checked our 365 User Consent settings and they are set-up the way Zapier says is neededand it’s still not working.  

 

Before I ask our 365 Admin to update settings, it would be helpful to know exactly what settings need to be changed, since they’re already set according to the help docs and it still does not work.  

 

 

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 4 May 2021, 00:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kristy_RQ 

Might be best to provide your O365 admin with this info and have them double-check/adjust any settings in order to authenticate the Zap app.

About Office 365’s Integration

  • Admin/owner permissions: - Access needs to be granted by an administrator to connect to third parties like Zapier.
  • Paid/versioned account - Only Office 365 Business or Office 365 Enterprise accounts can be used with the Office 365 integration.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone.  I think we figured it out, just waiting for our admin to make one change then hopefully it will work again!

We have a business acct and our admin was able to connect using his admin 365 acct but that does not help me because the Zap will only trigger based on activity in the admin email acct.  The email acct we need to use as the trigger is not an admin acct.  The User Content settings are correct based on Zapier help documentation.  Does any 365 acct we want to connect to Zapier have to be made an admin acct? 

 

Has anyone had this issue and figured out the resolution?

Hi, were you able to resolve this issue? We’re having the same problem. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi all,

I found an internal note that references this Microsoft help doc, saying it resolved the issue for someone else who was running into the problem. Some other users have been granting the user admin privileges temporarily, revoking them after the connection was set up, and the connection continued to work.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your response! We connected an admin account successfully, then subsequently connected our non-admin (but with applicable permission to connect to 3rd parties) and it started working. Not 100% clear why.


Thanks again - your answer provides a solution likely more repeatable for the others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

When first connecting an account, you may experience this issue if your organization has permissions around who can authorize applications. If restrictions are in place, an admin must first give consent on behalf of the users.  Once an admin has given authorization, users should then be able to connect their non-admin accounts.