Best answer

204 / no content problem with PUT command

• 14 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi 

I use a web hook to send a PUT request to a API (Exact online) , post and get work perfectly, but for the PUT request the API returns 204 , no content , and then zapier reads this as an error . 

Th put works perfectly, but because of the error the zap gets turned of. 

So I need to tell zapier that there is no content coming and it should be happy with 204, but I have no clue how to 

here’s the (redacted) euro message 

What happened (You are seeing this because you are an admin): Starting PUT request to https://start.exactonline.nl/api/v1/XXXXX/crm/Accounts(guid'dXXXXXX') Received 204 code from https://start.exactonline.nl/api/v1/XXXXX/crm/Accounts(guid'dXXXXX') after 504ms Received content "" Error parsing response. We got: "" 

any help would be greatly appreciated !

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 14 April 2020, 21:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @job - That happens because of the empty response which isn’t a valid JSON. So you should remove the z.JSON.parse line to fix this.

//...

return z.request(options).then((response) => {
response.throwForStatus();
// ---> Remove the z.JSON.parse here because the response is empty
return [];
});

Userlevel 2

Dear Ikbel  @ikbelkirasan 

Thanks for the quick respons , now I got a different error :-) 

the total form reads : 

const options = {
  url: `https://start.exactonline.nl/api/v1/798621/crm/Accounts(guid'${bundle.inputData.ID}')`,
  method: 'PUT',
  headers: {

'Authorization': `Bearer ${bundle.authData.access_token}`
  },
  params: {

},
  body: {
    'ID': bundle.inputData.ID,
    'Name': bundle.inputData.Name,
    'Code': bundle.inputData.Code,
    'Phone': bundle.inputData.Phone,
    'Email': bundle.inputData.Email,
    'Postcode': bundle.inputData.Postcode,
    'City': bundle.inputData.City,
    'Country': bundle.inputData.Country,
    'AddressLine1': bundle.inputData.AddressLine1
  }
}
//..
 // ---> Remove the z.JSON.parse here because the response is empty
return [];
});

and now the error reads 

Invalid API Response: - Got a non-object result, expected an object from create (undefined) What happened (You are seeing this because you are an admin): Executing creates.Update_Klant.operation.perform with bundle Invalid API Response: - Got a non-object result, expected an object from create (undefined) Console logs:

← Test Again

Finish Testing & Continue

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @job - My bad, it must return an object instead of an array. Try the following, it should work.

//...

return {};
});

Userlevel 2

thanks @ikbelkirasan !!!

that works 

Userlevel 2

Dear @ikbelkirasan 

Thanks for the list help, can I ask you another question ? 

I use an api to get info for items, if there are more then 1000 records, it throws back a  direct link in the output . 

I need to use that complete link in a new action , to make a new GET call , that should read : 

https://start.exactonline.nl/api/v1/798621/bulk/logistics/Items?$select=Class_01,%20Class_02,%20Class_03,%20Class_04,%20Class_05,%20Class_06,%20Class_07,%20Class_08,%20Class_09,%20Class_10,%20Code,%20CostPriceNew,%20EndDate,%20GLCosts,%20GLRevenue,%20GLStock,%20ID,%20IsMakeItem,%20IsPackageItem,%20IsPurchaseItem,%20IsSalesItem,%20IsStockItem,%20IsSubcontractedItem,%20ItemGroup,%20NetWeightUnit,%20Notes,%20SearchCode,%20StartDate,%20Unit,PictureUrl,CostPriceNew,CostPriceStandard,Description,ExtraDescription,ItemGroupDescription,%20Stock&$skiptoken=guid'c845fa87-7312-432b-8494-13e1ef7bb177

but if I use this as input, zapier reads it in to an array because of the comma’s I cannot find how to use this only as text , 

my code is 

const options = {
  url: bundle.inputData.nest,
  method: 'GET',
  headers: {
    'Content-Type': 'application/json',
    'Accept': 'application/json',
    'Authorization': `Bearer ${bundle.authData.access_token}`
  },
  params: {

}
}

return z.request(options)
  .then((response) => {
    const results = z.JSON.parse(response.content);

// You can do any parsing you need for results here before returning them

return results;
  });

but it pushes the url as an array 

Request URL

["https://start.exactonline.nl/api/v1/798621/bulk/logistics/Items?$select=Class_01","%20Class_02","%20Class_03","%20Class_04","%20Class_05","%20Class_06","%20Class_07","%20Class_08","%20Class_09","%20Class_10","%20Code","%20CostPriceNew","%20EndDate","%20GLCosts","%20GLRevenue","%20GLStock","%20ID","%20IsMakeItem","%20IsPackageItem","%20IsPurchaseItem","%20IsSalesItem","%20IsStockItem","%20IsSubcontractedItem","%20ItemGroup","%20NetWeightUnit","%20Notes","%20SearchCode","%20StartDate","%20Unit","PictureUrl","CostPriceNew","CostPriceStandard","Description","ExtraDescription","ItemGroupDescription","%20Stock&$skiptoken=guid'c845fa87-7312-432b-8494-13e1ef7bb177"]

any thoughts ? 

Userlevel 2

@ikbelkirasan   never mind, if I push it from a different zap it works , just not in de developer mode