Best answer

1 Cognito Form - 2 people?

• 1 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I would like to create a change of duty form between 2 people.

The scenario is, the first person fills in their name and staff number and the name and number of the person who they wish to swap with. When they hit "Submit", I need the form sending to the 2nd named person to tick a box to agree with the swap. When they then hit the "Submit" button, the form needs to be sent to the duty clerk for processing.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 4 August 2020, 02:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Cog!

Something like this should be possible with just about any form app, using several different forms. Here’s what I’m thinking:

1. Form One: the first person fils out this form, with the details 
  2. Trigger on a submission to this form, likely needing a lookup table to take the name of person 2 and outputting an email address
  3. Form Two: the second person is sent a link to this form (I believe Cognito can prefill some fields by adding special tokens)
  4. Trigger on a submission to this second form, sending an email to the duty clerk

Some of this might be possible directly within Cognito as well, but that part I’m less sure of. Hopefully that helps to get you started!