Question

Zoom new recording trigger not adding files to drive

• 3 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi @TTLT!

Do you mean that you’ve had these options turned off…

… and even when your Zap is turned on, it doesn’t trigger properly? 

@nicksimard Thanks for your reply. Correct. I have those two options turned off. The only time a video has been downloaded to Drive is when I go to a video that has already been recorded and select “Viewers can download” (from the options shown on the screen above). Then I test the zap, and it works. Otherwise, an HTML file is downloaded if I don’t select “Viewers can download” before a test. It’s also an HTML file that’s downloaded if the zap is triggered. This happens with or without file extension added.

I asked a Zoom representative if it’s possible to set a default “Viewers can download,” but it isn’t currently a feature. However, if others are able to download to Google Drive already, there must be a way.

Do you have any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @TTLT!

I hope you don’t mind, I moved your question to a new post to make it easier for everyone to see/help if they have any ideas. 

Can I check something with you? You said:
Otherwise, an HTML file is downloaded if I don’t select “Viewers can download” before a test. It’s also an HTML file that’s downloaded if the zap is triggered. This happens with or without file extension added.

Does that mean that the Zap is triggering each time there’s a new recording, but the information that’s passed to the Zap is an html file, rather than the video url - is that right? Or does the Zap not trigger at all?

I can see that you’re also chatting with our Support Team about this so it may be best to continue the conversation with them as they can dig into your Zaps and the Zap logs with you. If you do find an answer, it would be great if you can share it here as it might help someone having the same issue!

Hey, I’m also having this problem. The action is set to “Video Files Download URL” from Zoom, but all that’s copying to Google Drive is an HTML file… Both security options in Zoom are correct. 

All of the recordings are also set to “Viewers can download”

The Title tag of the HTML file is “Error - Zoom”, clearly something important isn’t happening correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Anansi-Admin!

Happy to see that you’ve reached out to our Support team and they’ve helped you out with this by adding you to a feature request. Sounds like you’re good to go for now.

For added context to anyone else who finds this, the user had said:

“I'm the admin and want to be able to send all user recordings in the cloud to the Google Drive, not just my personal ones.”

That’s not currently possible and we have an existing feature request for it.