I’m trying to build a new Zap in Zoom.
I need a Zap to be created every time a new participant signs up for a Zoom MEETING. The only Zap option is get is for a new WEBINAR and I get an error message why I try to use webinar because my account is not set up for webinar’s, only meetings.
Goal - when a new participant registers for one of my Zoom MEETINGS I need it to trigger my mailshake (already connected in Zapier) to add that participants information to a mailshake campaign.
See below in creating my Zap
Choose Trigger Event (required)
Search & Select …
- New Meeting- Triggers when a new Meeting or Webinar is created.
- New Recording- Triggers when a new Recording is completed for a Meeting or Webinar.
- New Registrant - Triggers when a new registrant is added to a Webinar.
Those are the only options I have with Zoom.
I need an option that says - New Registrant - Triggers when a new registrant is added to a MEETING
Can anyone help?
Best answer by Winston
- partially create the Zoom app
- partially create the Catch Hook
- copy Custom Webhook URL into the Zoom app field for “Event notification endpoint URL”
- have another window open with your Zoom registration and prepopulate the fields
- go back to the Zap and click TEST
- quickly go back to the Zoom registration information and submit
- the Zap will capture the payload package and then allow you to complete the rest, and in my case the AC portion needed to match up to the fields.
I hope this helps you out to set it up.
However, I agree that there should be a simple Zap that does meeting registration → email list and paying $20/month just for this might not be a cost effective solution if I just have Activecampaign import a CSV report after the meeting is done.