Best answer

Update Asana Task Zap not showing custom fields

• 16 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Current setup is:

Jira/Asana Zap

1. Zap 1: When a new Jira issue is created, a new task is created on an Asana board. This works ok and I can successfuly map Jira fields with custom Asana fields. 

1. Zap 2: I am also trying to create an update zap, which will update the Asana task created in (1) whenever the related Jira issue is updated. The Zap finds the Asana task ok using the name, but when it comes to the step of Updating the task in Asana, it is not showing me the Asana custom fields which are the ones I want to update from Jira. It only shows the standard Asana fields.

Is this is a bug or a missing feature?

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 February 2024, 15:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Tom,

When updating a task in Asana, you’re correct that the custom fields are not present in Zapier. It’s a feature that would have to be added.

It's something other users have asked for so I've gone ahead and added your vote for this feature request. You’ll be notified via email if it gets added :)

This article was extremely helpful. 

I am wondering though -- does anybody know if there are plans to update this integration to support custom fields natively in the Asana “Update Task” trigger in Zapier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @Kickstart,

I hope you don’t mind but I merged your question with this existing topic. I’ve also gone ahead and added your vote to this feature request! While we don’t have an ETA for when this will available, we’ll be sure to keep you in the loop if and when it does. :relaxed:

Hi,

Can you confirm if the issue “ Update Asana Task Zap not showing custom fields” is resolved? I’m facing same issue. This issue was posted previously couple of years back by some user. Just wondering if there is any resolution on this issue?

Thanks,

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @Steven Mieszelewicz

Unfortunately, it looks like this is still in the feature request stage. I know that’s probably not the answer you were hoping for 😓. But, I’ve gone ahead and added you to the feature request log so you too, will be updated if it becomes an available option in the future. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

Just wanted to follow up here to share that custom fields are now supported in the Update Task action for Asana! 😁🎉

If you run into any issues in using those custom fields when updating Asana tasks via Zapier just let us know! In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡