Best answer

Notified in Gmail when a folder in Google Docs is updated?

• 15 July 2021
  • 6 replies

I want to be notified on line when a folder in Google Docs is updated, but it doesn't work.

What kind of zap should I build?

Do you have any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 September 2021, 17:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @shinichirou 

Do you mean a folder in GDrive?

What do you mean by a Folder updated?

Do you mean a new file is added to the Folder?

I want to set up two patterns, one for when a new file is added to a folder, and one for when a file is updated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @shinichirou 

There is only a trigger available for NEW File in Folder.

What happens if a file in the folder is updated or something?

What happens if I create another folder inside a folder and there are files in that folder and they are updated?

I'm sorry for my bad question.
I hope you can help me.
Please let me know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@shinichirou 

On the GDrive app profile page you can see a list of available triggers/actions along with a description about each: https://zapier.com/apps/google-drive/integrations

Help articles to reference: https://zapier.com/apps/google-drive/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to summarize the answer here! :)

• The New File in Folder Google Drive trigger would be able to trigger a Zap whenever a file is added to a specific folder. And the Updated File trigger would trigger a Zap whenever a file is updated in a specific folder.
  • A Send Email Gmail action could be used to send an email to notification when a new file is added/updated in Google Drive.
  • The thing to note with both of the Google Drive triggers is that they don’t trigger for activity within subfolders of the selected folder. So separate Zaps would need to be set up to watch files in other folders.
    ​​​

It’s also worth noting that there are some cases in how the file is added to the folder where the Zap won’t be able to trigger. More details on that can be found here: Not all my files are triggering my new file in folder Zap