Best answer

Is it possible to send Doodle Poll invitations using Zapier?

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to create a Doodle Poll invitation using Zapier?  I see there is a connector, but it seems to only work with Doodle polls that are already created.

It’s virtually impossible to get support on what capabilities Zapier has with the Doodle connector.  When I contact Doodle, they tell me to use Zapier, and Zapier has no documentation that I can find.

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 August 2021, 13:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Perceptable

It looks as though the Doodle integration currently only has triggers available, not any action events unfortunately. 

Can I just double-check, are you looking to send an invite for an existing Doodle poll? Or is it more that you’d like to use Zapier to create new polls in Doodle and automatically send out an invite to them? Asking as I spotted that there’s an existing feature request for the ability to create new Doodle polls. I’d be happy to add you to that feature request if that’s something you’re interested in?

Looking forward to your response! :)

Userlevel 1

Thanks!  I would like to automate the creation of polls.  I need to be able to use an Airtable trigger to create a poll or a calendar invitation.

Doodle customer support says it is possible with Zapier, but I don’t think they know what they are talking about.

If it can’t be done with Doodle, does anyone know a way to do a calendar invitation to a group of people with Zapier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Perceptable 

You’d likely need to use the Doodle API.

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks app or the Code app.

Webhooks: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations

Code: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Userlevel 1

Yes, thanks!

But I can't find any documentation anywhere on their API!

I've been talking to their customer support for a week now and they keep pointing me to the three paragraph overview of Zapier.

I don't know where to find the webhook documentation on Doodle anywhere.

Online, any reference to it is non existent.  There's a 404 error on this documentation:

https://www.programmableweb.com/api/doodle-rest-api

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Perceptable 

I was unable to find their public API documentation so you’ll have to ask Doodle for more info.

Userlevel 1

I have been. Their customer support seems clueless as to what I'm talking about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks!  I would like to automate the creation of polls.  I need to be able to use an Airtable trigger to create a poll or a calendar invitation.

Doodle customer support says it is possible with Zapier, but I don’t think they know what they are talking about.

If it can’t be done with Doodle, does anyone know a way to do a calendar invitation to a group of people with Zapier?

Thanks for confirming that, @Perceptable! :)

I couldn’t find any public API documentation either. It looks as though you would need to be on an Enterprise plan with Doodle in order to access their API documentation: Doodle - Apps and Integrations

In the meantime, I’ve added your vote to that existing feature request. I don’t have an ETA on when a “Create Doodle Poll” action might be added to the Doodle integration but we’ll be in touch with you via email as soon as it is! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re welcome @Perceptable! I’m glad we could help. :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone!

I was able to locate documentation for the Doodle API!

https://api.doodle.com/api/svc-public-api/v1.0/swagger-ui.html#/

There’s a lot of misinformation going around, so I thought I would let you know it should be possible to create meeting requests through the API, although this functionality isn’t in any known ZAPs yet.

It looks like I will have to use a Webhook or create an app to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s fantastic news, @Perceptable! Great work tracking down Doodle’s API documentation here! :tada:

Userlevel 1

Just to follow up.  I have been speaking with Doodle, and they no longer have a supported API.  Working with Zapier and Doodle to create meetings or polls is not supported.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for keeping us updated here @Perceptable. That’s very sad news indeed :(

Do you happen to know if that applies to users on their Enterprise plans as well? Or is it only public-access to the API that’s been removed?

Userlevel 1

The Enterprise plan, I assume, would still have access to the API, but I am not familiar with the enterprise plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for that, @Perceptable! We appreciate all the digging and sharing your findings here with us!