Best answer

Create deal activity in the Pipedrive

• 30 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi guys!
I need help with a zap on pipedrive!

I created a zap where when a customer fills out a Google form, he sends it updates all the data with the person's profile on pipedrive. So far without a problem!

But I also need that when that happens create 2 activities in this person's deal. The problem is that I can't find the related deal.

I filmed the screen to make it clearer:  https://www.loom.com/share/4cf890b965dc4b35876462d2e747ee3f

Can someone help me, please?
Thank you!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 7 May 2020, 01:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Let's Dive Brazil ,

Thanks for reaching out and for the recording- sorry you’re running into a bump here!

I think if you remove the “Find a Deal” action, you should be able to directly add the “Create Activity” step within Pipedrive tied to the person to achieve your workflow. 

Let us know if that does the trick or if we need to dig deeper! Happy to help!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz_Roberts !
Thank you very much for your quick response!

I've tried it this way, but when I create the activity without finding the business, the activity is created within the person's profile and is not visible in the business funnel

Hence the need to find the person's business.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Let's Dive Brazil ,

That makes sense! I’m going to escalate this to Support as I think they will need to take a look at your mapping to investigate further. 

Sit tight and someone will be in touch just as soon as they can!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz_Roberts 

I understand perfectly.

Thanks for your help! ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Let's Dive Brazil - Thank you for your patience! It looks like Clint from Zapier Support was able to get back to you and we’re so delighted that your issue was resolved! We wanted to share the solution so that others may understand how to achieve the same result:

Looking at the Loom video you sent, I would guess that the issue is that the email address is in the "Field to search by." What that field should show is which type of field you want to search, rather than the actual search itself. You would then put the email address in the field below that. Here's a screenshot of what I mean: