Best answer

Add note to lead in Microsoft Dynamics 365 when chat starts in tawk.to

• 18 August 2021
  • 5 replies

We have started using Zapier for creating leads and its working great. However now we need to add notes to the leads when events happen, such as we converse with the lead using Tawk.to etc. We can get the trigger to start the Zap but I cannot figure out how to create the note in Dynamics. I can do this in MS Flow (Power Automate) but from there I cannot get the trigger from Tawk.to! Can anyone suggest a solution using Zapier?

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 November 2021, 15:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @DerekBreth! Welcome to the Community! I know you were chatting with my teammate Sam and mentioned you were able to find a solution. Myself and the community would love to hear how you sorted this out. 🙂

Hi, Unfortunately we have had no response and no suggestions to my question. I found a solution using MSFlow but would still be interested in how we can do it with Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Gotcha! I took a quick look in our apps directory for available triggers/actions in tawk.to -- Microsoft Dynamics 365 and there are triggers for “Chat Ended”, “New Chat Started” and “New Ticket” as well as as an action for “Update Lead”. That might be a good place to start! 🙂

Hi, Thanks for that. Unfortunately its the action that is the issue. In Dynamics 365 adding a note to lead requires an action of creating a new record in the notes table, then relating that note to the lead. As you rightly say there are actions for updating leads, but I cannot find an action for creating a new record in the notes table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve just seen that we’ve got an existing feature request for the ability to add notes to leads in Microsoft Dynamics 365.

I’ve added @DerekBreth’s vote for that feature request. I don’t have an estimate on when it will be possible to add notes with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration but we will send an email as soon as it is!

For anyone that comes across this closed thread and wants their vote to be added to the feature request too, please reach out to our Support Team and they’ll get it added on your behalf. :)