Best answer

Filtering between two GoogleSheets

• 9 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I have a problem with Zapier automations. I have a Calendly account where I have 2 events that need to write data to 2 different Google Sheets. In the end, after writing in their respective Google Sheets, they send an email, also personalized. To do this I used Zapier's filters to distinguish the 2 Google Sheets. The problem is that subscriptions go to both Google Sheets and not the specific one. Because? Thanks Fabio

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 9 February 2021, 18:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @FabioSD 

Can you please share screenshots of how you have your Zaps configured? That will help us get a better idea of what could be going on.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi here are some screenshots.
As you can see, I have inserted a filter to distinguish between the 2 Calendly events and write either in one sheet or the other.

A curiosity what does Invitee B or Invitee A mean in the first step?

However, the problem is that filters don't sort into their respective sheets

Thanks
Fabio

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You will need to type the event name not use dynamic data. Right now you are matching dynamic data to dynamic data which will always be true. See attached. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Invitee B and Invitee A are just generic names for the instances of the data you’ve pulled. They have no concrete meaning to them. 

Userlevel 1

Hi so I have to manually write the name of the event?
See screenshot
Thanks Fabio

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@FabioSD Yep!

That way its checking to see if the event exactly matches the name you typed.
That should fix it!

Userlevel 1

It is true by manually entering the name of the Calendly event now the filter works!
Thank you very much

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@FabioSD 

Glad to help!