Question

Can Zapier recognize/differentiate email subjects like Buyer vs Seller?

• 1 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to figure out how Zapier could be able to recognize an email subject. I want Zapier to differentiate/sort out the Buyers from the Sellers in my email.

Is that even possible?

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @btik_zap and welcome to the Community!

Yes, Zapier can recognize and “sort” your emails based on their Subject line. You’ll want to explore our tool called Filter, which is what gives you the power to have this happen: click here to learn more about filters. 

A few quick images of what this might look like for you in Gmail (this will depend on what exactly you want your end result to be, but should be enough to give you an idea!)

Once you set up and attach your Gmail, on the Filter Step you should see options in the drop down. If you select “Subject” there, you can then select “contains” and add in your Buyer/Seller

Here is an example of that next part: 

I know that setting up Zaps can be tricky business, so let me know if you run into any other issues or if this isn’t quite the advice you were looking for, I’m all ears. 

Best,

Rachael

Thank you, Rachael! Will try this. I will let you know if I have questions or have ran into some issues.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @btik_zap - no rush but checking in to see how you are getting along with your Zap. I also thought after sending that, you may also want to explore Paths- Paths are what allow you to say “do this action if buyer” and “do this different action if seller” - you can check out more about that here

Let me know, I’ll be here ;) - best, Rachael