Best answer

Can I run multiple different zaps off of 1 form submission?

• 17 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a Zap collecting form data and sending it to my sms platform to opt in to the drip campaign. I want to know if I can run a Zap checking if the contact already exist and just add them to the drip or another Zap if it is a new contact, create that contact and then add them to the drip. So I was wondering if I can have a Zap that collects the form and filters if contact exist then do this. Then create another zap with the same form submission and filter if contact doesn’t then do this. I am not trying to use paths.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 23 December 2020, 01:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes you can have multiple Zaps from the same trigger OR you can have multiple actions in 1 Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @remi.poirrier 

Troy’s answer is broadly correct here - but it does depend on what form app you’re using?

The reason is, if your particular form app’s integration is triggered by webhook, you have to make sure the form supports sending data to multiple webhooks (Gravity Forms, for example, requires some extra config).

If you tell me which one you're using, I’ll be able to confirm.

I am using a form submission from Webflow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My Zap is not triggering anymore

Depending on your Webflow plan, there's a limit to the number of webhook requests.
If you reach this limit, the Zap will no longer be triggered.
Check your plan at Webflow for details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @remi.poirrier!

If the app you’re sending data to has a Find/Create step then you would only need one Zap. If the contact is found then you can use the information in your next step. If it’s not found, it will be created and once again you can use the information in your next step :)

Otherwise, you can create one Zap and add Paths to it. One path for when the contact is found and one for when it’s not (in which case you create it). Hope that helps!