Schedule recurring messages in Slack with Zapier

• 1 July 2021
  • 0 replies
Schedule recurring messages in Slack with Zapier
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Zapier Staff
  • 4 replies

Hi! Deb here, from the Zapier blog. We recently wrote about a new Slack feature: the ability to schedule messages. It's a great feature for a lot of reasons, but one thing it can't do is schedule recurring messages. You can use Zapier for that: set up a trigger using Schedule by Zapier and then customize the message. Here's a Zap template for daily Slack reminders, but you can do it weekly or monthly too.

Get daily reminders in Slack

There are tons of reasons you might want to schedule a recurring message:

1. As a reminder to stop working. Send yourself a Slack message every day at 5 p.m. (or whenever your workday ends) reminding you to get offline.

2. As a pick-me-up. The Content and Communications team at Zapier has a weekly message scheduled (with rotating GIFs, no less) asking us about our wins for the week.

3. As a reminder to fill out a recurring agenda. I used to put things like this on my calendar, but it got cluttered. A quick Slack reminder does the trick.

What kinds of daily, weekly, or monthly reminders do you automate? Let me know in the comments, and we might feature you on the Zapier blog!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!