Question

Zoom Validate your webhook endpoint

• 8 December 2022
  • 17 replies

zoom stoped send webhooks to zapier and asks about validation. What are we need to do. our business process stoped, please help us validate zapier endpoint hook i dont see function to run node.js and send answer in yuour api connector

please take a look on zoom developer forum with the same topic how do i i run json response ?

https://devforum.zoom.us/t/webhook-zapier-validation/79877

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Algo Alex 

Have you tried using Code by Zapier step ?

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem. When I click “validate” within Zoom with the Zapier webhook entered, I repeatedly see the “… try again” error. Therefore, I suspect there’s a validation step now required (these instruction always worked previously - )

@MohSwellam - could you go into more detail about how we would use the Code step? The whole reasoning for using Zapier is that it is a No-Code platform, and writing some kind of response to the validation step is likely beyond me (I’m even looking at a No-Code ad on this forum page as I write this post!)

I even see the validation attempt captured by the webhook in Zapier itself.

Userlevel 1

I’ve dug deeper into this and using the sample app here - https://github.com/zoom/webhook-sample-node.js/blob/master/index.js#L34 - thought I was going to solve the problem.

But I’ve hit a block in that the Zapier documentation says you cannot require external libraries - with this being the case, what is the alternative solution here?

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Is there a solution to this? We had previously used a Webhook to send information to our CRM system when someone registered for a meeting, and then when they joined, but I cannot see who to validate the webhook.

I am not a developer, so do not really understand any of the coding aspect of this, but need a solution for an upcoming event.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Is there a solution to this? We had previously used a Webhook to send information to our CRM system when someone registered for a meeting, and then when they joined, but I cannot see who to validate the webhook.

I am not a developer, so do not really understand any of the coding aspect of this, but need a solution for an upcoming event.

I was told there is currently no Zapier-based solution to this issue.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for letting me know, @ross.hopkins. That’s a shame. I have reached out to the support team as well. Looks like we might need to look for an alternative solution unless they can make a suggestion.

Userlevel 1

Adding a comment here because I’m running into the same issue and am hoping there’s a fix before I start trying to write a response myself.

Also looking to see if there is any resolution to this.

Any updates or workarounds?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

To everyone who’s asking about this, I’m checking with our developer platform team to see what the status is here and whether there are any workarounds or solutions available.

I’ll be back in this thread once I have something more concrete. Thanks for your patience!

We are also looking for a resolution for this --

Any updates on this fix? I’m running into the same problem. Worked for a couple weeks and now it’s requesting validation...

Badge

@nicksimard - any updates on this thread? Hoping there’s been some progress in the last month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh my! So sorry I didn’t pop in back here. I found the answer but didn’t update the thread.

Essentially, we can only validate webhooks sent from our Zapier developer app (ie the native Zoom integration).

You can see what my teammate Danvers wrote here in a different thread:

As they say in that thread:

Another option would be to take a look at building a custom integration using the developer platform, which would allow more customization of how the hooks are sent and receive. If you’re interested, take a look at the developer platform.

If you have requests for specific Zoom triggers to be supported, you can reach out to our Support team so they can capture that:

Userlevel 1

Hi I'm having the same issue, any updates on this. I'm getting the “URL validation failed. Try again later.” erro messge when trying to validate he endpoint. 

Userlevel 1

Someone posted on this thread that Zapier addressed this in an update, but is there any explanation we can review as to how it was addressed? I’m not able to validate the endpoint URL from the zap I had originally set up to capture participants joining a meeting.

Edit: Nevermind, it appears to be working now!

Userlevel 1

Someone posted on this thread that Zapier addressed this in an update, but is there any explanation we can review as to how it was addressed? I’m not able to validate the endpoint URL from the zap I had originally set up to capture participants joining a meeting.

Edit: Nevermind, it appears to be working now!

It still does not seem to work for me. I still get the message that the validation failed.

Did you do anything  other than paste the Zapier webhook URL into the field and Validate it?