Question

Zoom API (Beta) 401 error not handled correctly

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Below is the Zoom API (Beta) request and response. We had to use the API for registering webinar attendees since the action for Create Webinar Registrant doesn’t have a last name field like Create Meeting Registrant which I find to be odd.

I understand the API Request is currently in Beta stage and would like to report this as a bug. Ideally the 401 status code should trigger a re-authentication on the Zoom connection or alert the user with a failed message if the HTTP request returns something other than a 200 or 201 response status.

Thanks!

-Arment

5 replies

Hey @Arment  - Yeah I am receiving the error message as well too for a zap that I am working on.

Not sure if replying to this thread it will be brought back to the front of their list again.

I will post another question like this and hopefully someone might be able to help us.

Daval

Hey @Arment  - did you by any chance were able to fix this error between Zapier and the Zoom API beta ?

Since it was about two(2) months ago you posted this question , but didnt see anyone responded here.

Daval 

Userlevel 1

I'm having the same issue. Hope Zapier can help out with this question.

@Rockster - Heyy, alright.

Yeah its currently a bug that Zapier is trying to fix. Got a chance to communicate with them though about it, and they mentioned its a bug they are working on and trying to fix.
They said there estimate time for when they will be fixing this bug. 

But in my use case, things were done a little differently. I think the issue can also be different for many cases and scenarios as well. 

For my case, there were two possible options for me:

1. Since this issue happens occasionally, you can try replaying the failed Run or turning on Autoreplay if you want failed Runs to be retried automatically

1. 2. Or add the Webinar ID in the Airtable base so that when you retrieve the Airtable record in this step, the value will be pulled in as well. The way that I see this method working is that you have another Table for Webinars with all the details you need and the Registrants Table will have a linked record column that pulls in the Webinar details. Kind of like this:

Hope this might be able to help or assist anyone out there with the same issues @Rockster