Question

Zapier Webhook to DocuSign II

• 1 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Thanks for all the help so far. I’m still struggling with getting Docusign to sign a document I send it rather than the template. I can’t see anywhere the JSON I need to send Zapier documented. The JSON I’m sending so far is:

'{
"emailSubject": "Please sign this document set",
"documents": [
{
"documentBase64": "",
"name": "Lorem Ipsum",
"fileExtension": "pdf",
"documentId": "1"
}
],
"recipients": {
"signers": [
{
"email": "redacted",
"name": "redacted",
"recipientId": "1",
"routingOrder": "1",
"clientUserId": "1000",
"tabs": {
"signHereTabs": [
{
"anchorString": "/sn1/",
"anchorUnits": "pixels",
"anchorXOffset": "20",
"anchorYOffset": "10"
}
]
}
}
]
},
"status": "sent"
}'

Where documentBase64 is the base64 encoded document. Anyone got a JSON template I could cargo-cult? Or point me at any JSON documentation? I’ve got a Google sheets to Docusign Zap but it doesn’t quite do what I want.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @davehodg!

We don’t have any documentation covering setting up webhooks to send/receive information over to DocuSign specifically. That said we do have more general guides on sending/receiving webhooks which you might find helpful: 

I did some digging online and it looks like DocuSign have a number of guides on using their API that may be worth taking a look at here: eSignature REST API - How-to guides overview

Hopefully the above guides will help! :)

Badge

That’s not wildly helpful. Are saying the fields are the ones to be sent to DcouSign?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for your reply here, @davehodg. I’m sorry those guides weren’t as helpful to you as I’d hoped.

To clarify, if you’re looking to send or receive information from DocuSign through a Webhook by Zapier step, instead of using the current DocuSign integration, then you’d need to set up the fields for the webhook request as per DocuSign’s API documentation.

It may be worth reaching out to DocuSign’s support team for further assistance in setting up the webhook. They will have a better understanding of the DocuSign API and it’s requirements so should be better placed to advise on any changes that may be necessary.