Best answer

Zapier Webhook to DocuSign

Badge

OK, I've got a test of a document from Zapier to being signed by a user on Docusign working. I've got a webhook URI that takes a POST call and returns some fields.

The next step is to get the webhook sending to Zapier. I can't find documentation anywhere as to what the field in the call should be of how to attach a Word document.

Anyone got pointers to the relevant docs or HOWTO?

Ta,

icon

Best answer by davehodg 24 August 2021, 16:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @davehodg 

Do you mean send a webhook from DocuSign to Zapier to trigger a Zap?

Webhooks Zap app help article: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

DocuSign Webhooks: https://developers.docusign.com/platform/webhooks/

Using Files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Badge

No. Zapier webhook with document to DocuSign. And I’ve read two/three of those docs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davehodg 

Perhaps post screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured for us to evaluate and advise, thanks.

Badge

I have sent a document to DocuSign from Zapier in a test mode. I now need to know how to exercise the above URL to send a document from my command line.

Thanks,

Badge

Never mind. Zapier was caching data I’d updated in Google.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davehodg 

TIP: Best to include a timestamp in any API request to break caching.

Badge

Excellent words. What do they mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davehodg 

You mentioned caching and including a timestamp when the API call is made will always be a unique value to help with cache busting.

Badge

I’m currently going Google Sheets to Docusign. How do I put a timestamp in that?

And tell me more about manually using a webhook to send to DocuSign...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davehodg 

To be honest, now I’m confused on what you are trying to configure with your Zap, as you’ve mentioned, GSheets, DocuSign, Webhooks, and files.

Perhaps you can write out your desired workflow in this format.

Zap Steps

1. Trigger: [APP] - [EVENT]
  2. Action: [APP] - [EVENT]
Badge

I want a webhook to send a document to DocuSign for signing.

I reverted to Google sheets to demonstrate that something like that was possible. It is, sort of.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davehodg

What app would be sending the webhook to Zapier?

Perhaps I should clarify about the Webhooks Zap app.

The Webhooks Zap app can be used as a Zap trigger step or as a Zap action step.

Generally when used as a Zap trigger step, that means receiving a payload of data from another app.

Generally when used as a Zap action step, that means leveraging an app’s API to make a request to an endpoint.

If you’re using the Webhooks POST method, that has a field for a file.

Badge
  1. Our web app. As I exaplined to Zapier support that means our app isn’t public,

2. It’s the format of this payload I’m trying to find. Thanks for the screenshot but it doesn’t help me get to the docs,
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

cc: @ikbelkirasan, @CraigNet3 Can you help?

Badge

I made a Google sheets to DocuSign zap, which worked.

Oddly, I’m not seeing anything in “Zap History”. Should I be seeing anything there?

Badge

OK, now I see that a Google->DocuSign zap happened.

Badge

I appear to have triggered a zap! However, there’s no meaningful content and it’s using the document in the template.

So how to I get meaningful data uploaded to Zapier?

Badge

I now have some code that allegedly send a document, but it only triggers a template to be signed and refers to me as “Joe Bloggs”.

What does well-formed JSON look like?