Question

Zapier Webhook for tracking pixel to autofill Google Sheets

• 21 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to use a webhook to pull data from a tracking pixel and write the information to a google sheet. The information I am hoping to continually track is for new leads’ contact info. Here is an outline of the steps:

1. Choose Webhooks by Zapier and choose Catch Raw Hook for the Event
  2. Copy webhook URL into the pixel
  3. Test the trigger
  4. On action, choose Google Sheets and choose Create Spreadsheet Row for the Event
  5. Choose google account, spreadsheet, and properly set up worksheet(with header)
  6. When I begin filling the cells of the spreadsheet, all of the information the webhook pulled is useless and not what I intended to pull. I have a photo attached of some of the options. The rest are equally unhelpful.

How do I change this to pull the information I want which is contact information for new potential leads that have been tracked on the website?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @speculo 

Good question.

What app is being used to collect the lead info? (e.g. a form app)

We will need more context about how the webhook is configured in the tracking pixel.

Screenshots are best to provide context.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @speculo 

Good question.

What app is being used to collect the lead info? (e.g. a form app)

We will need more context about how the webhook is configured in the tracking pixel.

Screenshots are best to provide context.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone ! We are using a pixel from AudienceLab to collect the lead info. The webhook is simply pasted in the data webhook section on AudienceLab as shown in the photo below. Let me know if you have other questions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@speculo 

Zapier has built in data deduplication for trigger data.

So you may need to add a query string parameter such as a UNIX timestamp to be included with every request. (e.g. ?ts=[UNIX])

Not sure if AudienceLab supports that.