Best answer

Zapier is not pulling back all data from a Postgres Heroku Query with JOIN

• 22 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

This is the query I put into Zapier and for some reason it is not pulling back the organization name. This lives in a different data table so I used JOIN. This query works no problem in heroku data clip but in Zapier its missing all the fields associated to the JOINs. How do you prevent this? 

SELECT organization.name, test_test, concat('Unique URL’) AS url, test_id.name, test_status, test.created_at

FROM test_plan_spec

JOIN user_account ON user_account.id = test_plan_spec.user_account_id

JOIN organization ON organization.id = user_account.organization_id

WHERE tps_status = 'ACTIVE'

ORDER BY test_plan_spec.created_at ASC

icon

Best answer by Derrek Hennessy 6 January 2023, 18:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Derrek Hennessy! Thanks so much for reaching out in community - I’m sorry to hear you’re running into this!

I went ahead and moved your question into our code and webhooks forum so we can hopefully get some more technical 👀’s on your question. 🙂

Badge

@christina.d Thank you! Let me know if other information is needed for the above and I am glad to provide. This is a big hurdle for a majority of our automation. This will be a big win if there is a solution 😊

Badge

@christina.d What is the typical turn around within the community to receive a response on a question?

Badge

Figured out the issue: 

You cannot have the name column name for multiple values in your SQL query. Zapier will just choose one of them and only show that result: 

us AS in SQL to change the name of one of your columns. 

Example: 

organization.name AS org_name