Question

Zap Triggering Immediately even with schedule

• 4 March 2024
  • 6 replies

My Zap is supposed to send a MMS when the “Booked Date” field is 4 or more days before the “tour Date” field. if this is the case, the MMS is supposed to send 2 days prior to “Tour Date.” I have set up various filters so that it will format the date correctly in the MMS and also in the MMS step, so that the texting app (ClickSend) knows when to send the message. 

The Zap uses a webhook between Zoho CRM and Zapier. When  the lead status is modified to Booked, it triggers the webhook for my Zap, and sends the MMS immediately instead of the 2 days prior. When I look at the Zap history it says that everything ran correctly.

Anyone have any insight as to why the Zap is triggering right away instead of the 2 days prior to “Tour Date?”

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @laurelTCCS 

In order for us to have full context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@laurelTCCS 

To help you troubleshoot you can check the Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

The issue is likely with the Filter condition related to Booked Date.

Instead, you’ll probably want to remove that Filter condition, and add a Delay (Until) step.

I am concerned that if I don’t use the 4 day parameter then the Zap will run at the wrong times. It has to run only if Booked Date is 4 or more days before Tour Date. There are other scenarios that run if Booked Date is 3 days, 2 days, etc. before Tour Date. 

I was also advised that the issue could be that I need to create the delay on the CRM side of things. Any knowledge of webhooks in Zoho CRM?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@laurelTCCS 

Perhaps try this:

Action: Formatter > Date & Time > Compare Date

Compare Booked Date from Zoho to “today”.

Then use the output in the Filter step, instead of the condition Booked Date condition.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@laurelTCCS 

Or in Zoho try adding conditions to your Workflow Rule.