Question

Zap Not Collecting File Upload in Webhook

• 20 July 2023
  • 8 replies

This issue appears recently as of July 11. The main question and issue is have is around why a Webhook through a Zap would stop reading / accepting a file upload.

Configuration:

• WordPress site using the Forminator Forms plugin
  • Zapier grabs the new form entry via webhook CATCH
  • The Zap transfers all webhook data to SQL Server

Issue with screenshot below:

• Webhook not recognizing image upload file field path
  • Webhook recognizes the file upload but provides no file path to connect to a DB field
  • This issue also started on existing forms not just new ones.

Testing scenarios:

• Cleared browser and website cache
  • Attempted across Firefox and Edge browsers
  • Recreated Webhook link to Forminator Form
  • Recreated file upload field, recreated form, working with new form

Screenshot of UI for not recognizing File Upload (upload-1):

Anyone else have a similar configuration or issue?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Testzing 

Good question.

Make sure to check the webhook configuration in Forminator.

Make sure you are testing with a file uploaded to the field.

Userlevel 1

Having the exact same issue and timeframe when it started to fail.

Webhooks are set and configured and were previously working, file upload populates in Forminator and will upload to website but isn’t being populated into the Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Testzing and @jeremyclicks 

If you have a Zapier paid plan, you can open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi @Testzing 

Good question.

Make sure to check the webhook configuration in Forminator.

Make sure you are testing with a file uploaded to the field.

Yes, and what I found is that it pointed more the possibility of Forminator not prepping the webhook correctly. Multiple scenarios I’m posting below in response.

@Testzingand @jeremyclicks 

If you have a Zapier paid plan, you can open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

That will be the next step after collecting more test data. I did confirm with Forminator Forms that there is a known issue with multiple file type variations file uploads so it’s not actually as dynamic and robust as they claim. For jpg, png, pdf and zip it will work fine in most cases but only if you don’t need to actually be able to take in other specific file types. I’m focusing more on getting them to ensure the webhoook can actually gather the information. 

Having the exact same issue and timeframe when it started to fail.

Webhooks are set and configured and were previously working, file upload populates in Forminator and will upload to website but isn’t being populated into the Zap.

I believe Forminator changed some root code around July 11. These scenarios I went through were previously testing, working and deployed on our site. We are now having to tell our members to only upload a specific file type based on a specific form. So, I had to rework some of our web funnels, page information and several form reconfigurations to get a basic result for the time being. At the moment, they aren’t giving a timeline for resolution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Testzing 

Thanks for the added info.

Sounds like the issue resides with Forminator, not the Zap Webhook app.

Userlevel 1

@Testzingand @jeremyclicks 

That will be the next step after collecting more test data. I did confirm with Forminator Forms that there is a known issue with multiple file type variations file uploads so it’s not actually as dynamic and robust as they claim. For jpg, png, pdf and zip it will work fine in most cases but only if you don’t need to actually be able to take in other specific file types. I’m focusing more on getting them to ensure the webhoook can actually gather the information. 

Are you able to get it working by limiting the supported file types within the form?