Best answer

What values from a webhook do I use to create a record in Salesforce?

• 5 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I am using Zapier to connect SharpSpring to Salesforce.  I used a “Catch Raw Hook” to catch data from SharpSpring.  I used the values from the “Catch Raw Hook” in an Action to create a Lead record in Salesforce.  I am getting errors that the field values are too long.  The values that the “catch Raw Hook” returned look like this:  

76c7baa1911c0b1aa710f25ddbedfaaedda689b2aa69c6e682f32834e81a

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="lastName"

I deleted everything back to “lastName” before I didn’t get an error, but the data isn’t correct.  For the Email address, I get an error that “emailAddress” is incorrect, which makes me think the Zap is trying to create the email address as “emailAddress”.  Can someone tell me what values from the “Catch Raw Hook” to use?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 6 August 2021, 04:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Peter Martensen 

SharpSpring has native zapier intgeration and you might not need to use custom webhook integration, you could’ve used the native zapier app. If you want to use the “catch raw hook”, I’d advise that you select just the “Catch Hook” not the raw one as that will give you key-value data instead of unprocessed json response.

The ID that you receive, you can use the ID to find the corresponding contact or company I believe.

Hi @robschmidt , I was told by Zapier that I needed to use webhooks.  I did change to just the Catch Hook and that allowed me to finish building the Zap and create the record in Salesforce.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Can you post screenshots of the Zap actions and steps?