Question

Webhooks will NOT connect to Shopify

Hello Everyone, 

I’m working on moving our Customers Shopify MetaField data over to Hubspot using Zapier Webhooks. I have already set up the trigger, webhook and hubspot pathway. However I keep running into a 401 error anytime I try to test the webhook. I am using the API key and secret key you get from shopify anytime you create an app. I’ve even installed the app and tried using the access token but nothing seems to connect. I’ve confirmed both the keys and copy them directly from the source field.
I’ve added the header auths but that didn’t work either.
In the basic Auth i’ve used both a “|” and a “:” but those didn’t work either. I’m going to leave some screenshots of what my webhook set up looks like with the most important information hidden. 

Please let me know what i’m doing wrong here. 

(Reposting as the title on the old one is wrong.)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EnergyEfficient 

Not for us to have context, we will need to see screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured.

Hello Troy, 

Please see the attached. 

This is how it is currently set up. As you can see the tigger even works fine. But the webhook keeps giving me a 401 error everytime I try to run the test. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EnergyEfficient 

Try using this Zap action: Shopify - API Request

Oh this works almost exactly as I need.

Do you know if this action is capable of getting only specific metafield data? I have one i’m trying to pull called SalesRepID that comes from this url https://{My-Store}.myshopify.com/admin/api/2024-01/customers/ID: 792780646XXX/metafields.json

I tried to see if I could use a direct link to the salesrepID but that did not work. Perhaps there is something I can put in Query string or body?

Or, Will I need to use zapier code to parse out the information to what I need?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EnergyEfficient 

That depends on the Shopify API endpoint options.

Can you link to the Shopify API endpoint documentation that you used to configure the Zap step?

https://shopify.dev/docs/api/admin-rest#endpoints

So just a quick update. I figured out how to just pull the one particular metafield I needed. 

However, do you know where I can find Object ID Hubspot is requesting? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EnergyEfficient 

Object ID is the ID of the record.

e.g. If you are using Deals, then it would be the Deal ID.

I see that. I ended up having to use the hubspot Find customer action to carry out that part as needed. 

I managed to get it running. I have two more questions and I think I should be all set. 

1. Is it at all possible to get the values of the metadata without needing to use Zapier code to parse out the data? 
2. I noticed that when using the Find Customers in Hubspot action it only works when I have it look by email only. Is there a reason I can’t do First name, Last name and Email all together? It seems not to be able to find the file. But if I just have it search by email it does it no problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EnergyEfficient 

1. Is it at all possible to get the values of the metadata without needing to use Zapier code to parse out the data? 

We would need screenshots to have more context about what you are referring to.

2. I noticed that when using the Find Customers in Hubspot action it only works when I have it look by email only. Is there a reason I can’t do First name, Last name and Email all together? It seems not to be able to find the file. But if I just have it search by email it does it no problem. 
You can try using the HubSpot API to do more advanced searching via these actions:

• Custom Action
  • API Request