Best answer

Webhook works everywhere but not in Zapier

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi,

I want to send a post webhook to an affiliate tool in order to create new affiliate accounts. My request works fine in Swagger or Postman, but if I use the same json code in zapier, I get a weird error:

error: Email address is required

I tried custom webhook and the normal webhook from Zapier, both get the same error. This is the code (with dummy data):

Has anyone an idea whats going one here? Thanks in advance.

Stefan

Edit: Can’t edit the title, sorry.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 20 March 2023, 19:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Hansen. Welcome to the Community! 👋

In order to help troubleshoot this we’d need to have access to the API documentation for the app you’re sending the webhook through to. Are you able to share a link to where we can view that?

That said, it looks like there’s two email fields in the request (email and parent_email). Perhaps it’s the parent_email field that the error is referring to as it’s value is null.

Do you think that could be the case, or is the parent_email field an optional field?

Userlevel 1

Hi there, @Hansen. Welcome to the Community! 👋

In order to help troubleshoot this we’d need to have access to the API documentation for the app you’re sending the webhook through to. Are you able to share a link to where we can view that?

That said, it looks like there’s two email fields in the request (email and parent_email). Perhaps it’s the parent_email field that the error is referring to as it’s value is null.

Do you think that could be the case, or is the parent_email field an optional field?

Thank you. Your help is very appreciated. Here’s the API documentation: https://api.goaffpro.com/docs/admin/#/

I don’t think it has anything to do with the parent_email field. That one just stays empty. But even when it is filled with an actual email address, I get the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hansen 

Good question.

Can you share detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured along with the encountered error?

Userlevel 1

Can you share detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured along with the encountered error?

Sure. This is the workflow:

And this is the configuration in the webhook step:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hansen 

Try changing this to be “parent_email”: “”

Userlevel 1

@Hansen

Try changing this to be “parent_email”: “”

Tried that already, it makes no difference 😞

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hansen 

Make sure all leading/extra/trailing whitespace is removed from the Data section.

Userlevel 1

@Hansen

Make sure all leading/extra/trailing whitespace is removed from the Data section.

Good point, thank you. I removed every whitespace, but the error stays the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hansen 

Make sure to set these Headers:

• accept
  • Content-Type

Userlevel 1

@Hansen

Make sure to set these Headers:

• accept
  • Content-Type

Troy, you’re amazing 💪🏼 The content-type did id. Didn’t pay attention to it since it was set automatically in my other tools. I’m really happy now, thank you.