Best answer

Webhook step triggering multiple times for same data

• 4 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have created a  ZAP with 2 steps. The first step pushes data on new record creation in Infinity, into a google sheet.

In this google sheet, I have created and deployed some functions in google apps script as a webhook

The second step in ZAP invokes this webhook, which basically sends an email with an attachment.

Now my problem is, although the firsts tep is executing perfectly, i.e. only 1 entry created in google sheet per record in Infinity, the second step i.e. the webhook call seems to be triggering multiple times at the same instant and multiple emails are getting sent out for the same record in the google sheet.

Would really appreciate suggestions on how I can handle this.. thank you!

PS: In the google script code I have set a flag that checks for only records with flag as N before the function runs and gets updated to Y after the function runs (email is sent). But even then, the email is getting sent multiple times.

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 September 2021, 11:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @Venkata Ramana Murthy

It sounds like you could to try keeping a record of the emails that are sent in a spreadsheet app like Google Sheets.

You can use a Google Sheets search action to look for an existing row (and add one if one isn’t found). Then you’d use a Filter step to stop the Zap from sending out an email if an existing row was found - indicating that an email had already been sent. 

This process is described in more detail in the article here:

Hopefully this will help to prevent duplicate emails being sent. :)