Question

Webhook Post sending data in wrong order

Hi guys. 

When I do a webhook post, the data I enter needs to be sent in the order I enter it, however when I test the zap, it sends it in alphabetical order.

Is there any reason why this is?

I am sending data to do a s3 data upload. 

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapMagu 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Hi Troy. 

Please find attached.

The first screenshot is the data entered. 

The bottom screen is the API POST in the test run. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMagu

Why does the order of the data points in the returned POST response matter?

Alternatively, you can try a POST Custom Request:

Apparently it does for amazon S3. It needs to get the data in the order it receives it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMagu 

Have you tried using the native Amazon S3 Zap app?

Sadly we can’t.

We are uploading a PDF to a patient management app via the S3 API. We don’t have the direct login details to their S3. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMagu

Alternatively, you can try a POST Custom Request:

Thanks. Yes I am going to have to use this. Sadly its a little outside my knowledge. May have to pay someone.

Just thought I would flag it looks like it was giving me unexpected behaviour. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMagu 

I haven’t come across an API that requires data points be submitted in a specific order, just that the data points are submitted.

You may want to submit a ticket via Zapier Support so it gets proper attention: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Yeah this is the first time I have seen it. It is causing errors and every search I find its because they haven’t ordered the calls in order.