Question

Webhook multiple attachments

• 13 January 2023
  • 8 replies

I am following https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288690317#1-add-a-webhook-trigger-0-1 to create a webhook which will be triggered from our app. The challenge is that there are multiple attachments which could be sent as “File” object in POST request and we don’t know how many could be passed; but when I tried in Zapier, it only gets 1st file.

Can any one help me with achieving our requirement? We need Zapier to receive multiple attachments in one parameter, like in below image, we are passing 2, but Zapier receives only 1.

Thanks

Varun

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @varun_VNUSPL 

Good question.

Can you show the received data payload in the Zap trigger so we have more context?

You may have to adjust the headers.

Hi @varun_VNUSPL 

Good question.

Can you show the received data payload in the Zap trigger so we have more context?

Hi @Troy Tessalone ;

First of all, thanks a lot for reverting.

The reposne received is :-

test :pass

emails :services@vnusoftware.com, varunmishra28@gmail.com

querystring

file: hydrate|||.eJw1jrEOgjAURf_lzaAtIK1sbrq5ORjTlPZhGqAltMQQwr9biK7n3JzcBZSzAW0QYR4QKrhBAsb6IK1CYXQkD6yvzrWX-6bU5IPrJ4_jLmlB6ZkQnoBUyk0x86esLM8JNAY7Lazst3RjOvSx0X7k-PZQLTsRgzPxwRjBc4EW57j0-VFpVhDK8pTiiaeFzGQqCTYpzTlhvKy1Ujq2fukizzJK4hN2GHQD62tdvxCMQ4k:1pGFLG:GaaZUn2gAXPjd7U_LevJMtbur6c|||hydrate

As there is only 1 hydrate, I think that is why I am not receiving all the files.

Please help me with the headers I need to put in order to receive all the files. I need to buy the license before tomorrow EOD on the basis of this. :)

Thanks

Varun

Hi @varun_VNUSPL 

Good question.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ;

First of all, thanks a lot for reverting.

The response received is :-

test :pass

emails :services@vnusoftware.com, varunmishra28@gmail.com

querystring

file: hydrate|||.eJw1jrEOgjAURf_lzaAtIK1sbrq5ORjTlPZhGqAltMQQwr9biK7n3JzcBZSzAW0QYR4QKrhBAsb6IK1CYXQkD6yvzrWX-6bU5IPrJ4_jLmlB6ZkQnoBUyk0x86esLM8JNAY7Lazst3RjOvSx0X7k-PZQLTsRgzPxwRjBc4EW57j0-VFpVhDK8pTiiaeFzGQqCTYpzTlhvKy1Ujq2fukizzJK4hN2GHQD62tdvxCMQ4k:1pGFLG:GaaZUn2gAXPjd7U_LevJMtbur6c|||hydrate

As there is only 1 hydrate, I think that is why I am not receiving all the files.

Please help me with the headers I need to put in order to receive all the files. I need to buy the license before tomorrow EOD on the basis of this. :)

Thanks

Varun

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

The headers are:-

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @varun_VNUSPL 

can you try something simple with the file that was returned? Hydrate just means Zapier has the file(s) stored in their server. My suggestion would be to set up an upload file to Google Drive action or an email step and pass the hydrated file along and see what happens just to verify that Zapier only received the first one.. my thoughts are that Zapier might be consolidating the files into 1 zip file. 

Hi @varun_VNUSPL 

can you try something simple with the file that was returned? Hydrate just means Zapier has the file(s) stored in their server. My suggestion would be to set up an upload file to Google Drive action or an email step and pass the hydrated file along and see what happens just to verify that Zapier only received the first one.. my thoughts are that Zapier might be consolidating the files into 1 zip file. 

Hi @GetUWired ,

I passed that “file” variable to gmail (send_mail) app and there also I am receiving a single file, not a zip or both files.

Thanks

Varun

“File” passed in “Attachment” of gmail send mail method.

is it because i am a free user?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @varun_VNUSPL 

You may want to reach out to Zapier Support for possible guidance on this issue: https://zapier.com/app/get-help